clownpiece spell cards from Pastebin
So this is a little different, normally I PLAY the Touhou. If I use a mod/patch it's normally just Vsync or an English Patch.
I don't know who to blame for this so I'll just say Noname made me do it *ducks for cover*.
I'm modding LoLK. Shoot me now.
Anyway, the idea for this came during my final Youmu stream (titled: MIMA was the chosen one), where once the Youmu wallpaper was finished I began work on an expertly drawn™ Mima Chibi. At some point, either during or after the stream, I jokingly mentioned replacing Clownpiece with Mima. Just like "Surprise bitch!" during Stage 5. In case I wasn't clear enough: THIS STARTED AS A JOKING COMMENT MADE IN PASSING.
At this point, I'll blame TEN MYEEEAHSIRES for inspiring me to try my hand at Touhou modding.
So, I downloaded Touhou Toolkit, BGM Changer, and set forth on my mission....
Here is the current progression of this mod's creation:
1. Quick test: I changed the color of Clownpiece's sprite to see if altering the images would work (I've never done this before).
2. Replaced the MOON danmaku from Clownpiece's spell cards with the Majora's Mask moon. Because memes.
3. Replaced "BGM: Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner" text to "BGM: Ancient Gensokyo Rivalry ~ Complete Darkness".
4. Tried BGMChanger to actually change BGM. It didn't like LoLK. Tried working around this by using MoF's thbgm.dat and thbgm.fmt files.
5. Replaced Clownpiece's portraits with "frankensteined" Mima. This was a Mima picture that was made with elements of Reimu and Clownpiece, then recolored, with bows, staff, and hat added for good measure.
6. Realized I could just open the THBGM.DAT file in Audacity, and toss Complete Darkness in where Pierrot of the Star-Spangled Banner falls. We now have our boss music.
7. Fixed the facial expression image things.
- Replace Faraway Voyage of 380,000 Kilometers with Reincarnation. Because it isn't being used for the boss theme, I figured why not use it for a stage theme?
- Will most likely be lazy and just use the SC-88 Pro MIDI for this.
- Edit/Replace Clownpiece's Sprite.
- I've never done Sprite work before. This shall be... interesting.
- Edit dialogue.
- I don't know what I want the dialogue to be. I'm thinking about keeping the "midboss" dialog though. "Something interesting is going on..."
- There's an idea to replace Clownpiece's battle entirely with Mima's old patterns from SoEW.
- I've never tried scripting
- Mima's patterns were THE ULTIMATE EVIL
- If I toss a Mima script in, I have to do so for all difficulties...
- I can just mod LoLK to be a Windows era version of SoEW Kappa
- EMPHASIS ON KAPPA
- THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN BY MY HANDS
- I JUST WANNA PUT MIMA IN FOR THE MEMES